WORKSHOP ON IMPLEMENTATION OF THE INTERNATIONAL PROJECT “FINNISH SUPPORT FOR THE UKRAINIAN SCHOOL REFORM” (KYIV, 16, 18-19, APRIL 2019)
On April 16, 18 and 19, 2019, three workshops were held at the State Scientific Institution “Institute of Educational Analytics” (SSI “IEA) to analyze and evaluate data from the monitoring of the all-Ukrainian experiment on the implementation of the State Standard of Primary Education. The workshops were held in the context of international technical assistance, namely, the Agreement between the Governments of Ukraine and Finland on implementing the project “Finnish Support for the Ukrainian School Reform (2018–2022)”.
Also, it should be noted that this project supports three interrelated thematic areas, so-called clusters: teacher competences development, education promotion and educational environment.
In particular, cluster No.1 “Teacher competences development – improving the system of vocational training” includes:
- monitoring of the results of new teacher training programs introduction;
- preparation of professional standards for directors and teachers of primary schools;
- innovative approaches in educational programs for pedagogical universities and institutions of postgraduate education.
Cluster No.2 “Education promotion” provides:
- raising awareness of the education reform and its support by the community;
- conducting the targeted information campaigns;
- strengthening the institutional capacity of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine in the sphere of public communications.
Cluster No. 3 “Creating a modern educational environment” involves:
- creation of e-learning resources market, in particular textbooks;
- development of the National Educational Digital Platform;
- dissemination of experience sharing between teachers with the help of modern digital technologies.
Hence, the workshops took place within the implementation of cluster No.2 “Education promotion.” In particular, during these workshops with the Finnish colleague Pasi Reinikainen, the staff of the SSI “IEA” discussed the possibilities of using the statistics obtained from the research to disseminate information on the progress of primary education reform in general and the introduction of the new State standard of primary education in particular.