Functioning of the SSI “Institute of Educational Analytics” under the martial law
As a result of the full-scale, unprovoked armed aggression of the Russian Federation against Ukraine, the SSI “Institute of Educational Analytics“ has been working remotely since February 24, 2022, and in the mixed-mode since mid-April (some employees are at the workplace). The team of the Institute mobilized all resources for the full implementation of its statutory functions under the martial law; operates and ensures the storage of the accumulated information in the educational databases of the Institute; conducts analytical activities aimed at solving current problems specific to wartime; deepens cooperation with domestic and international organizations in order to overcome urgent challenges in the field of education. Organizationally, the Institute closely cooperates with the departments of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine, the specialists of the Institute are constantly involved in finding the necessary solutions under martial law.
- Specialists of the Institute provided the necessary information and participated in filling out the first part of the questionnaire from the European Commission within their competence, which is needed to form a conclusion on granting Ukraine the status of a candidate for the membership in the European Union.
- To determine the urgent needs of the education sector under the full-scale armed aggression by Russian occupation forces in Ukraine, the Institute together with the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine, and UNICEF has developed а questionnaire for conducting a survey of local education authorities to determine the educational needs of the displaced participants in the educational process.
- The uninterrupted functioning of the software and technological complexes and local educational databases is ensured, as well as the maintenance of two national information educational systems of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine, the Institute being their technical administrator. In addition, a number of measures have been taken to parallel the operation of both information systems to the “cloud” mode of operation in cooperation with the world-renowned “cloud” services (AMAZON) to ensure their resilience to military risks. These are systems such as:
- SHC “AICOM” (software and hardware complex “Automated information complex of educational management”) is an online system of EMIS grade for preschool, out-of-school, school and vocational education. The software and hardware complex is constantly used by the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine to develop educational policy based on facts, including the allocation of funds for teachers’ salaries, availability of the computer equipment and high-speed Internet, distribution of LEGO kits, ordering textbooks, implementing electronic academic diaries and grade record books (E-Journal), admission to kindergartens, etc.;
- AS “IRC” is a system of automation of inclusive resource centres, responsible for providing a comprehensive assessment of children with special educational needs, providing them with the necessary support and more. The Institute ensures uninterrupted operation of mobile applications of this system on iOS and Android platforms in the Play Market and App Store.
- Proposals are being developed to ensure the activities of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine and other central and local authorities on regulatory, organizational, scientific, methodological and information support of the education sector, including under the martial law. The following information and analytical materials were prepared: “Proposals on the features of admission to higher education institutions of Ukraine under martial law, taking into account global best practices”, “Proposals on changes in the direction and scope of training in the war and postwar period”, “Financial support of foreign countries and IFO to organize the educational process during wartime” and others.
- Information bulletins on the state of development of the education system and summary forms of statistical reporting for the general secondary education institutions are regularly prepared and published on the Institute’s website.
- The publication of the professional scientific-practical journal “Educational Analytics of Ukraine” is ensured (publication of articles is free, materials should be sent to the e-mail of the journal: firstname.lastname@example.org).
- International cooperation with partner organizations and participation in international scientific and communication activities is carried out within the implementation of grant projects and cooperation agreements, including in connection with the armed aggression of the russian federation against Ukraine (in particular, with the UNICEF office in Ukraine), with the International Renaissance Foundation, with Microsoft and Google, with representatives of the KIX EAP Hub, with leading research institutions and higher educational institutions, etc.).
- Research is being carried out to find ways to solve current problems in the functioning of education during wartime.
The Strategy of the State Scientific Institution “Institute of Educational Analytics” activities for the period of martial law can be found here.
If you have any requests or propositions, please, send them to the e-mail of the Institute: email@example.com.
We are strong!
We are Ukraine!