THE CABINET OF MINISTERS OF UKRAINE APPROVED THE REGULATIONS ON THE SOFTWARE AND HARDWARE COMPLEX “AUTOMATED INFORMATION COMPLEX OF EDUCATIONAL MANAGEMENT” (AICOM)
On December 2, 2021, the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine approved the Regulations on the software and hardware complex “Automated Information Complex of Educational Management” (AICOM). The project goal is to support reforms initiated by the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine in the field of debureaucratization and digitalization of preschool, general secondary, out-of-school, vocational (vocational and technical), and professional pre-higher education.
The SHC “AICOM” is an online system of EMIS type (Education Management Information System), which is a modernized version of the DISO system (“State Education Information System”). AICOM was developed within the framework of the World Bank grant for the project “Strengthening Science-Based Development of the Government Policy Based on Education Statistics and Analytics” and is implemented by the SSI “Institute of Educational Analytics” with the support of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine. This information system started its trial operation in 2016, the presentation of the modernized AICOM information system took place on July 19, 2019.
AICOM is designed to be used by the subjects of educational activities for the effective management of educational institutions for preschool, general secondary, out-of-school, professional (vocational and technical), and professional pre-higher education, including:
- collection, storage and automated processing of education statistics for the allocation of educational subvention funds (including for colleges, to cover the cost of completing general secondary education);
- keeping records of children of preschool and school-age (functioning of digital service of enrollment, exclusion and transfer of students to state and municipal educational institutions for completing general secondary education);
- drawing up a list of textbooks selected by educational institutions for their further distribution and delivery to educational institutions;
- keeping records of preschool educational institutions (functioning of the digital registration service for preschool educational institutions);
- maintaining of electronic class journals and diaries (E-Journal) and electronic document management;
- financial reporting by educational institutions;
- keeping records of the out-of-school educational institutions (operation of an electronic out-of-school enrolment service);
- advanced training of pedagogical staff;
- keeping records of students, trainees and teachers;
- logistical support for vocational (vocational and technical) education institutions.
The SHC “AICOM” generates statistics within the education system, provides its monitoring through a multifaceted structure, including the technological and institutional framework for data gathering, processing and dissemination. The strategic objective of AICOM is to provide information support for management decisions to improve the quality of education, manage funds and monitor cost-effectiveness, and improve the competitiveness of educational institutions in general.