THE II INTERNATIONAL SCIENTIFIC AND PRACTICAL CONFERENCE “EDUCATION REFORM IN UKRAINE. INFORMATION AND ANALYTICAL SUPPORT” WAS HELD (KYIV, OCTOBER 15, 2020)
The II International Scientific and Practical Conference “EDUCATION REFORM IN UKRAINE. INFORMATION AND ANALYTICAL SUPPORT’’ took place on October 15th, 2020. The event was organized by the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine and the State Scientific Institution “Institute of Educational Analytics”. Given the COVID-19 pandemic caused by the coronavirus SARS-COV-2 and the introduction of quarantine restrictions, the conference was held at the distance on the Google Meet online platform.
The main purpose of the conference is to share knowledge and best practices, to discuss possible scientific solutions to the current problems of the development of education and science in Ukraine, and to develop worthwhile information and communication technologies to facilitate scientific and educational activities. The representatives of government and administration, heads of state organizations, experts on education and science reforms in Ukraine, scientists, specialists of the research organizations, teachers, educators, methodologists, graduate students, doctoral students and students participated in the conference.
The official opening of the conference began with the greeting from the Deputy Minister of Education and Science of Ukraine Artur Seletskyi and the Director of the SSI “Institute of Educational Analytics”, Doctor of Economic Sciences, Professor Sergiy Londar.
In his greeting to the conference participants, Artur Seletskyi emphasized that the development of education directly depends on the quality of educational policy, formed by the Government. And making informed management decisions is impossible without the use of high-quality, evidence-based and detailed databases and analytics, which allows identifying important trends in the field of education. Today, the education sector of Ukraine is being reformed in response to public demand, as modern education must ensure the high quality of human capital, which is the driver of the country’s economic development. The Deputy Minister expressed hope that it is quite possible for the II International Scientific and Practical Conference “Education reform in Ukraine. Information and analytical support”, organized by the SSI “Institute of Educational Analytics” (thanks to its highly qualified and competent staff) to become a platform to share knowledge and best practices, to generate scientific discussion on finding optimal solutions for education development in Ukraine and to develop worthwhile information and communication technologies to facilitate scientific and educational activities. At the end of his speech, Artur Seletskyi wished all conference participants good health, strength, inspiration and new creative discoveries.
Sergiy Londar, on behalf of the leadership of the SSI “Institute of Educational Analytics” welcomed all conference participants and expressed gratitude for the submitted abstracts and reports, as the total number of conference participants who submitted abstracts is about 150 people representing all regions of Ukraine. He was also glad to see you at the conference our foreign colleagues from the Pedagogical and Technical College in Konin, Poland.
During his speech, Sergiy Londar outlined the scope of issues to be discussed, including the improvement of education management, education financing, development of information educational technologies, general issues of secondary, vocational and higher education, adult education, inclusive education, and the issues of the international educational space. At the same time, it was emphasized that the main focus of the conference is to facilitate a scientific discussion on the main components of the system of information and analytical support of the education sector.
The participants also focused on the fact that the issues of the development of distance learning, and thus the organization and implementation of the learning process have become very important today under the quarantine restrictions, which is largely due to a number of factors: from technical components (eg Internet access, availability of computer equipment, proficiency with the IT technologies by students and teachers) to creating the teaching and methodological content.
The Director of the SSI “Institute of Educational Analytics” Sergiy Londar expressed hope that the scientific discussion on these issues will be useful, will generate new ideas for both educators and educational managers, and wished all participants good health, welfare for them and their families, creative inspiration and generating new constructive ideas.
Following the formal opening of the conference, plenary sessions began, during which the main speakers of the conference presented their reports:
- Sergiy Londar – Director of the SSI “Institute of Educational Analytics”, Doctor of Economic Sciences, Professor
“Improvement of financial management of education using the tools of the SHC “Automated Information Complex of Educational Management”
- Volodymyr Bakhrushin – Professor of the Zaporizhzhia Polytechnic National University, Doctor of Physical and Mathematical Sciences, Professor
“Qualification requirements in educational programs: error analysis”
- Sergiy Rakov – Chief Researcher of the Sector of Higher Education of the State Scientific Institution “Institute of Educational Analytics”, Doctor of Pedagogical Sciences, Associate Professor
- Yevhen Lytvynovskyi – Senior Researcher of the Scientific Department of the Institute of Public Administration and Research in Civil Protection, Candidate of Pedagogical Sciences
“Goal setting in education: is everything included in the standards?”
Financial and economic aspects of education
- Nataliia Nazukova – Senior Researcher of the Department of Public Finances of the State Organization “Institute for Economics and Forecasting of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine”, Candidate of Еconomic Sciences, Senior Researcher
“Directions for reforming the financing of higher education from the perspective of economic growth”
Development of information and educational technologies
- Tetiana Gorokhova – Associate Professor of the Marketing and Business Administration Department of the State Higher Educational Establishment “Prіazovskyi State Technical University”, Candidate of Еconomic Sciences
- Oleksandr Zhuk – graduate student of the N. Karazin Kharkiv National University
General secondary education
- Volodymyr Yatsenko – Senior Researcher of the Department of Geography and Economics of the Institute of Pedagogy of the National Academy of Pedagogical Sciences of Ukraine, Candidate of Pedagogical Sciences, Senior Researcher
“Perspective directions for the development of teaching and learning methods for future specialists of education”
- Nataliia Kharchenko – Head of the Laboratory of Moral, Civic and Intercultural Education of the Institute of Problems on Education of the National Academy of Pedagogical Sciences of Ukraine, Candidate of Pedagogical Sciences, Senior Researcher
“Social partnership in education”
- Olha Zimych – 6th-year student of the Faculty of Information Technologies and Mathematics of the Lesya Ukrainka Eastern European National University in Volyn
“Development of a software tool to support the course “I explore the world” for primary school students of the New Ukrainian School
- Oksana Samoilenko – methodist teacher of the I.Y. Franko Korostyshiv Applied Pedagogy College, Doctor of Pedagogical Sciences
“The role of project activities in the formation of development programs for vocational education institution”
- Vitrenko Yurii – Leading Researcher of the Department of Economics of Higher Education of the Institute of Higher Education of the National Academy of Pedagogical Sciences of Ukraine, Candidate of Economic Sciences, Associate Professor, Honored Economist of Ukraine
“Measuring the results of HEI’s work as institutional units of a modern market economy”
- Viktoriia Vorona – Senior Researcher of the Department of Economics of Higher Education of the Institute of Higher Education of the National Academy of Pedagogical Sciences of Ukraine, Candidate of Pedagogical Sciences
“Legal regulators of HEI’s economic activity as a basis for information and analytical support of higher education reform in Ukraine”
- Melnyk Nataliya – Associate Professor of the Department of Accounting and Taxation of the West Ukrainian National University, Candidate of Economic Sciences, Associate Professor
“Modern teaching and learning methods in higher education”
- Olha Banit – Leading Researcher of the Department of Andragogy of the Ivan Zyazyun Institute of Pedagogical and Adult Education of the National Academy of Pedagogical Sciences of Ukraine, Doctor of Pedagogical Sciences, Senior Researcher
International educational space
- Olena Shapovalova – Director of the Ukrainian State Center for International Education
“Problems and prospects of public policy making in the field of internationalization of higher education”
- Tetiana Zatonatska – Professor of Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, Doctor of Economic Sciences
“Ukrainian education in the European area”
- Mariia Mazorchuk – Methodist of the Research and Analytics Department of the Ukrainian Center for Education Quality Assessment, Candidate of Technical Sciences, Associate Professor
“Software tools for analysis and visualization of the results of the PISA international study”
The work of the plenary sessions of the сonference was moderated by Hanna Tereshchenko – Deputy Director for Scientific and Organizational Work of the SSI “Institute of Educational Analytics”, Candidate of Economic Sciences, Senior Researcher, and Natalia Pron – Academic Secretary of the SSI “Institute of Educational Analytics”, Candidate of Economic Sciences.
The Program of the II International Scientific and Practical Conference “EDUCATION REFORM IN UKRAINE. INFORMATION AND ANALYTICAL SUPPORT’’ can be found here.
At the end of the event, the outcomes of the сonference were summed up and everyone interested was invited to further cooperation. By the results of the сonference the Collection of abstracts of the II International Scientific and Practical Conference “EDUCATION REFORM IN UKRAINE. INFORMATION AND ANALYTICAL SUPPORT’’ was prepared. Also, all participants of the сonference received a Certificate confirming the publication of abstracts in the Collection. The сonference materials are also available on the website of the SSI “Institute of Educational Analytics” under the heading “Materials of communication events”.
Education Reform іn Ukraine. Information аnd Analytical Support: Book of Abstracts of the II International Scientific and Practical Conference (electronic scientific publication), October 15th, 2020. Kyiv : SSI “Institute of Educational Analytics”, 2020, 340 p.