The subject of scientific research and scientific and technical developments of the SSI “Institute of Educational Analytics” corresponds to the strategic directions of state policy in the field of education and science in Ukraine, in particular, the provisions of the Order of the Ministry of Education and Science “On the approval of the subject of scientific research and scientific and technical (experimental) developments for 2019-2021”, which among the most relevant identifies: scientific research on the formation and implementation of state policy in the field of education, science, innovation and technology transfer; scientific research on problems of education, pedagogy and psychology; scientific research on current issues of social sciences and humanities, etc.
The main areas of scientific research of the SSI “Institute of Educational Analytics”:
- development of information and communication technologies for the formation and implementation of state policy in the field of education, science, innovation and technology transfer;
- development and modernization of educational management information system (software and hardware complex “AICOM” and software and technology complexes for the automation of the educational process, etc.);
- study the problems of ensuring the capacity of educational institutions in Ukraine to provide high-quality educational services for persons with special educational needs (Automated operation system of inclusive resource centres – AS “IRC”);
- study the mechanisms for the implementation of general secondary education “New Ukrainian School” reform;
- information and analytical support for the development of vocational (vocational-technical) education (in particular, the formation of the educational management information system – EMIS in the field of vocational (vocational-technical) education);
- research problem areas relating the higher education development in Ukraine;
- investigating ways to improve the competitiveness of Ukrainian education in the global educational services market.
The Institute’s research activities correspond to the main trends and current directions for the development of world science and education, including: