The subject of scientific research and scientific and technical developments of the SSI “Institute of Educational Analytics” corresponds to the strategic directions of state policy in the field of education and science in Ukraine, in particular, the provisions of the Order of the Ministry of Education and Science “On the approval of the subject of scientific research and scientific and technical (experimental) developments for 2022-2026” (which among the most relevant identifies research on the formation and implementation of the state policy in the field of education, science, innovation and technology transfer, research on the problems of education, pedagogy and psychology, etc.), Order of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine “On approval of the Concept of Digital Competence Development and approval of the plan of measures for its implementation” and other strategic documents.
The main areas of scientific research of the SSI “Institute of Educational Analytics”:
- development of information and communication technologies for the formation and implementation of state policy in the field of education, science, innovation and technology transfer;
- study of methodological approaches to education management – implementation of the state educational policy on the basis of evidence-based statistical data;
- development of educational statistics, in particular, methodology for modernizing statistical reporting forms, improvement of technologies for the collection, processing and dissemination of statistical information in the field of education;
- study of mechanisms for financing education and identification of directions for improvement of the management of budget expenditures for education;
- development and modernization of the Ukrainian EMIS – educational management information system (e.g., software and hardware complex “Automated Information Complex of Educational Management” (AICOM) and software and technology complexes for the automation of the educational process, etc.);
- study the problems of ensuring the capacity of educational institutions in Ukraine to provide high-quality educational services for persons with special educational needs (automated operation system of inclusive resource centres – AS “IRC”);
- study the mechanisms for the implementation of general secondary education “New Ukrainian School” reform;
- information and analytical support for the development of vocational education and training (in particular, the formation of the educational management information system – EMIS in the field of vocational (vocational-technical) education in Ukraine);
- researches on problem areas related to the development of higher education in Ukraine (e.g., training of personnel, internationalization of higher education, academic mobility, etc.);
- study of ways to support the development of human capital and increase the competitiveness of Ukrainian education in the world market of educational services.
The research activity of the Institute corresponds to the main world trends and topical directions of the EU in the field of education, science and innovation, including: